This week, I will be visiting Choteau Highschool classes to talk about the Choteau Area Port Authority’s Exploring Program. Exploring is a great opportunity for Choteau’s business community to help train the next generation of business leaders.
The Choteau Area Port Authority is seeking at least 5 high school-aged students to form an Explorer Post that is business career-focused.
Exploring provides exciting activities and mentorship for youth looking to discover their future. The program provides students with an opportunity to learn about business career fields and network with professionals already working in those fields.
You get hands-on experience to determine whether or not a particular career field is right for you. You develop valuable networking contacts with professionals working in your selected career fields.
Some of the benefits to members:
- Strong personal values and character development
- Build self-worth and self-confidence
- Leadership skills training and development
- Social development
- Unique career experiences, networking, & internships
- Personal growth
- Volunteer opportunities
- Group collaboration and teamwork
- Scholarships available only to Explorers
- Add Exploring to your college, job, and scholarship applications!